Lucky Hare Factory Service Center
National Sharpening Service
Lucky Hare Shears Professional Sharpening Service
Why Haircutting Professionals from Across the Country Entrust Their Shears to our Factory Service Center?
- Reasonably price: 1-Shear, $30 2-Shears, $25 ea. 3 or more shears, $20 ea.
- Simplified payment and shipping procedure. Free return shipping and insurance.
- Factory authorized service center utilizing the same technology and process used to establish the cutting edge on new shears.
- Expertise in reconditioning today's precision haircutting shears including the popular hollow-ground, Japanese style shears
- Expertise in all styles and makes including thinning and slide cutting shears.
- Prompt One Day Turn-around
- Money Back Guarantee
- Personalized Service
As much as we love to sell our incredible line of Lucky Hare Shears, we also love restoring and bringing life back into older shears to perform and cut like new shears.
Most haircutting professionals have several shears they have set aside but not yet discarded in favor of expensive new shears. Our sharpening service can affordably and reliably re-condition these shears so that they will once again be a favored and affective tool in your shear set.
The Lucky Hare Shears Factory Service Center is equipped and certified to sharpen and re-condition shears of all makes and styles including Japanese convexed edge shears, German styled beveled shears, thinning, and texturing shears. All shears are sharpened on our proprietary water-cooled precision machine that guarantees establishing the finest and most accurate edge possible while minimizing wear to the blade. This not only produces the ultimate razor sharp cutting edge but also assures a long life for your shears. Shears periodically sharpened exclusively through our service center should last indefinitely. Worn movement parts such as the set washer and rubber bumber/silencer are replaced at no additional charge. All service is backed by our exclusive Money-Back Guarantee. Return Shipping, Tracking, Insurance, & Handling are FREE.
Thank you so much for servicing my shears. They are cutting better than when they were new. Smooth and silky. It makes my work fun! Thank You.
Terri H., Raleigh, NC
Thank you for saving my shears. They are cutting beautifully now. You'll get all our shears to sharpen from now on. No more handing them to whoever walks in the door.
Alicia L., Bryn Mawr, PA
Amazing! I can't believe these are the same shears I sent you. They are razor sharp and feel like a brand new pair of shears. I appreciate the fast turn around.
Michael D., San Francisco, CA
I've had these shears for 20 years and I thought they were finished. Thanks so much for bringing them back to life. Incredible Service!
Jasmin M., Cincinnati, Ohio
Download the Sharpening Service Request Form to submit with your shears to be serviced.
Sharpening Service Pricing: 1 Shear - $30, 2 Shears - $25 ea, 3 or more - $20 ea.
- 1 shear - $30
- 2 shears - $50
- 3 shears - $60
- 4 shears - $80
- 5 shears - $100
1) Print out and complete the Sharpening Service Request Form.
2) Payment Options are by credit card herewith or by check enclosed with scissors:
A) Preferably, pre-pay with credit card here in the store.
B) Alternately, Write out and enclose a check payable to: Mark Deaton
3) Wrap shears in layers of paper towels and place in a 6 x 9 cushioned bubble mailer envelope with the Sharpening Service Request Form and your check if you choose not to pre-pay here in the store.
4) Ship by U.S. Postal Service Priority Mail as a "Package/Large Envelope" and ship to:
Lucky Hare Shears
4106 Halifax Ct.
Glen Arm, MD 21057
5) Your shears will be serviced and shipped back the same day they are received.
Each sharpening is an 11 step process:
- Each shear first undergoes a thorough initial assessment that includes the condition of each blade, appropriateness of the edge angle, the wear of the edge, the spring set of the blades, the engagement and roundness of the tips', and a baseline cutting test.
- The shears are then disassembled and the movement parts are inspected.
- The inner ride surface of each blade is cleaned with a soft polishing to remove any buildup of hair or chemical residue.
- Each blade is fine wet-honed and polished to the correct cutting angle consistent with the design of the blade.
- Worn movement parts such as the set washer and rubber bumber/silencer are replace as needed.
- Each blade is cleaned and the blades are re-assembled.
- The tips are then checked for appropriate overlap engagement and rounded smooth as needed.
- The set of the blades are checked for appropriate spring contact.
- The tension is set and adjusted.
- A 'cut test' is performed on both dry hair and wet hair for slippage or pushing of hair.
- The shears are then lubricated with camellia shear oil and wiped clean.
If you have any questions about the sharpening of your shears please feel free to contact us 410-817-4033.